To provide leisure activities, programs and facilities for people of all ages and abilities so that they can achieve and maintain an optimum quality of life.
Parks make life better.
To allow children an opportunity to have fun, participate and learn the fundamental skills of each sport while stressing the importance of sportsmanship, respect, teamwork and self- discipline through healthy and fair competition. All participants are to play at least half of every game.
Players will be rated during an assessment practice on sport specific skills (dependent on sport and age group) and overall athletic skills. Equitable teams will be created from the player assessment results. Other criteria for team selections is as follows:
- Requests for specific coaches or for kids to be with their friends are not guaranteed.
- Each team will be allowed a Head Coach and Assistant Coach going into the draft. Additional coaches may be recruited from within after team selection.
- Coach's children will be placed on the same team as their parents.
- Siblings will be placed on the same team only if they are in the same age group and it is requested they play together.
- We will try to honor carpooling requests however, we may not be able to accommodate all requests.
- We do try to create teams with kids from the same school.
Reasoning for the Team Selection Process
This process supports the City of Redding Philosophy of Youth Sports in that it creates equitable teams for children to have fun and learn sports skills. When teams are evenly matched and games are close, all players enjoy the game and build an enthusiasm for the sport and teamwork.