Code of Conduct Cards
It is the goal of the City of Redding Community Services Department, Recreation Division to provide and promote recreational activities for persons interested in good conduct, fair play, and sportsmanship in a pleasant, safe and healthy environment.
Youth Sports programs play an important role in promoting the physical, social and emotional development of children. It is therefore essential for parents, coaches, spectators and officials to encourage youth athletes to embrace the values of good sportsmanship. Moreover, adults involved in youth sports events should be models of good sportsmanship and should lead by example by demonstrating fairness, respect and self control.
One objective of the Activity Code of Conduct is to enhance the enjoyment of the activity by the participants and will be in effect before, during and immediately after all City of Redding activities when on City controlled property.
Violations of the Code of Conduct may result in penalties specified below:
- 1st Offense: Individual/team will receive a warning
- 2nd Offense: Individual/team shall be ejected from the activity; automatic suspension from the following game, match or meet, and an incident report filed with the lead supervisor. Any person ejected from an activity must leave the facility immediately; the person must remove himself/herself out of sight and sound of the official/instructor/person of authority.
- 3rd Offense or Flagrant: Increased suspension of games, matches or meets or to a maximum penalty of expulsion from the Department's program or use of facilities.
No Person Shall:
- Refuse to abide by an official's/instructors/person of authority's decision(s).
- Dispute with or disrespect an official/instructor/person of authority or publicly discuss with an activity participant or spectator, a decision reached by an official/instructor/person of authority in a derogatory or abusive manner.
- Act in a disruptive manner.
- Use profane, obscene or vulgar language.
- Verbally, visually or physically harass any official/instructor/person of authority, volunteer, participant or spectator.
- Direct or use unnecessary rough tactics in the course of an activity against the body and person of another person.
- Attack or act in an aggressive manner towards another person; be a willing participant in a fight; or threaten another person with a physical attack.
- Appear upon the activity area at any time in an intoxicated condition or be allowed to consume alcoholic beverages while participating, watching, officiating/instructing, or volunteering during an activity.
- Gamble or place bets concerning the outcome of an activity with any spectator, volunteer, official/instructor/person of authority, or participant.
- During the course of an activity as a participant, spectator, volunteer, or official/instructor/person of authority; partake in smoking or chewing tobacco products.
- Use any park or facility for the purpose of conducting a commercial business without a vendor permit.
As a participant, parent, spectator, coach and/or official I promise to:
- Be responsible for my own behavior;
- Lead by example;
- Place the emotional and physical well being of all players ahead of a personal desire or external pressure to win;
- Refrain from the use of drugs or alcohol while at a youth sports event;
- Be courteous to opposing teams and treat all participants, spectators, volunteers and officials/instructors/person of authority with respect;
- Be modest when successful and be gracious in defeat;
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship before, during and after games;
- Respect the game, play fairly and follow all rules and regulations.