Redding Aquatic Center Pool Rules
- Each person using the facility does so at their own risk.
- Swimming is permitted only when a lifeguard is on duty.
- All patrons must take a shower before entering the pool.
- Absolutely no running or pushing on the pool deck, in the locker rooms or on the play structures.
- No cutoffs are to be worn in the pool, all shorts must be hemmed & above the knee. Shirts must be tucked in or tied at the bottom and no long sleeved shirts allowed.
- Swim wear with exposed zippers, buckles, rivets, or metal ornamentations are not permitted (including belts and chains).
- No hanging on lane lines.
- Profanity, improper behavior, vulgar remarks or racial slurs will not be tolerated.
- No wrestling, dunking, or riding on shoulders in the pool.
- No spitting, spouting water, blowing nose or expelling body waste in the pool.
- All non-potty trained children must be in swim diapers.
- No life jackets or inflatable objects are allowed in the pool unless they are Coast Guard approved or rented from the facility.
- No fins or snorkels allowed. Goggles and masks with plastic lenses are OK.
- No bandages or persons with open sores allowed in the pool.
- No smoking or alcoholic beverages allowed in the facility.
- Food and drinks allowed in designated areas only. No gum allowed at all.
- No animals allowed in the facility.
- Children 5 years of age and younger must be accompanied by an adult at least 18 years of age regardless of the child's swimming ability.
- Children 6-9 years of age may be accompanied by a responsible person 12-17 years of age only if the child is able to pass the "Facility Swim Test."
- Children 10-11 years of age must be able to pass the "Facility Swim Test" in order to come to the facility without an accompanying adult.
- Any person unable to pass the "Facility Swim Test", no matter their age, must remain in water no deeper than chest depth.
- Starting blocks are for competition or supervised instruction only.
- No diving in water less than 10 ft. deep.
Any person unable to pass the "Facility Swim Test" must remain in water no deeper than chest depth.
ALL NON-POTTY TRAINED
CHILDREN MUST BE IN A
- Must have passed the "Facility Swim Test" before using diving boards.
- One person on the diving board at a time.
- One bounce on the board.
- Dives must be made from the front standing position. No handstands, cartwheels, back dives, inward dives, "butt busters" or gainers.
- No back dives, flips, gainers, etc. from the edge of the pool.
- Divers must wait at the bottom of the ladder until the person ahead of them jumps.
- No eyeglasses allowed on diving board.
- No swimming in dive area while boards are in use.
- No diving from the guard chairs, pool gutters, ladders or in water less than 10 feet deep.
FACILITY SWIM TEST
All children under 12 years of age are required to take the Facility Swim Test prior to entering the pool. Any person unable to pass the Facility Swim Test must remain in water no deeper than chest depth, and if under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
TopTUBE AND NOODLE RULES
- All riders must have the skills to pass the "Facility Swim Test" to use a tube or noodle.
- Tubes and noodles must remain in designated area.
- No jumping onto tube/noodle.
- No standing on tube/noodle.
- Persons renting tubes/noodles assume all responsibility of them and are not allowed to lend them to any other participant. No one is allowed to use a tube/noodle that they have not signed for. Persons sharing use must have registered all potential users at Check-Out, and the registered user must return them.
- Persons damaging tubes/noodles or failing to return them to Check-Out may be held financially responsible and/or may be suspended from further use of the equipment.
- Intended use of Noodles is for relaxation. They are not to be used to distract other patrons.
TopWATER PLAY STRUCTURE RULES (Must be under 48" to be on the Play Structure)
- All children 5 years of age and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
- No running on or around the water play structure.
- No "head first" sliding on slide or in tunnels.
- Do not block the end of the slide.
- Leave the landing area quickly.
- Riders must wait for slide to clear before starting ride.
- No climbing on pipes or handrails.
- No hanging or swinging on pull ropes.
- No one over 47" allowed on the play structure.
- Swimwear with exposed zippers, buckles, rivets or metal ornamentation are not permitted.
Valves and handles are accessible to allow children and adults to throttle and play with the water. We encourage you and your children to turn, pull and open these valves to have fun with the water effect you create.
TopSLIDE RULES (Must be at least 48" to ride the slide)
- Maximum operational load: 1 person, 300 lbs (136 kg).
- Children under 48 inches (1.22 m) tall are not permitted on this ride.
- No eyeglasses allowed on this ride.
- Swimwear with exposed zippers, buckles, rivets or metal ornamentation are not permitted (including belts & chains).
- Only one rider to enter the flume at a time.
- Never form "chains."
- Slide must be ridden feet first lying on your back or in a sitting position (sit up to go slower, lie down to go faster).
- Riders must wait for the attendants start signal before starting the ride.
- Keep arms and hands inside the flumes at all times.
- Do not run, dive, stand, kneel, rotate or stop in the slide.
- At the end of the slide, exit at stairs quickly.
- CAUTION: For safety reasons, pregnant women and persons with heart conditions or back trouble should not ride this slide.